Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

It was nice to end a great weekend with an email from Tam over at CardMakingArtists letting me know that my featured artist inteview had been posted! I am grateful that Tam asked me for an interview and so flattered by all of the kind things she had to say about my art. Thanks, Tam! You should check out Tam's site as there are many interesting resources, ideas, and artists featured.

My family joined Tyler and I at camp this weekend for Memorial Day. The house was full of children and it brought me right back to the days when my brothers and I would run wild around here- swimming, taking walks, riding bikes, eating ice cream and popsicles. It was great. I got to have an outdoor art session with some of my nieces that was so much fun.

Tyler and I woke up one morning to a whole pile of folded papers pushed under our bedroom door. My 4 year old niece and 5 year old niece had been busy drawing us pictures to surprise us with when we woke up. SO cute!
I even managed to check a few things off of the wedding checklist, with the help of my dad. I want to use slices of a log as table centerpieces to put candles on. My dad and I found a good size log up by the side of the road and he got out his chainsaw and sliced it up in record time! They are the perfect size, I just hope they don't crack and split too much as they dry. Also, while walking around the lake I collected last year's dead and dried wildflower stems to incorporate into the table flower arrangements (we aren't having too many flowers- trying to cut costs where we can!).


Everyone headed home last night and this morning Tyler and I are trying to get back into a routine of making that we can sustain for the next ten days or so. Before the next stage of our adventure begins! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. xo

Shared to: Creative Every Day

No comments:

Post a Comment