Monday, July 28, 2014

Rainy Day

It's a cool rainy day here, it's nice to have one of these every once in a while in the summer.  Once again,  I'll be working away at my to do list of cleaning, organizing my life, and making art :) My parent's house is still home base for Tyler and I as we job and apartment hunt. I was finally able to set up an art space here though which feels really nice. The third floor of my parent's house has two large bedrooms- one is now our bedroom and the other I am using as my art space (as well as the room that holds all of our shower gifts that we don't have a place for yet!!).  I've had some time in there the last few days and have worked on several things.

painted paper towel stamped collages
sewn and beaded pockets for my book project
and some bigger messy acrylic paintings

Our spring and summer have been full of art and travel and it's been amazing. We've been so fortunate. Now, we are starting to settle a bit and I've been feeling some of the uneasiness, nervousness, and doubts that come with moving to a new place. I know it's part of the process, part of getting our feet on the ground and getting settled and I try to remind myself of this, try to keep it in perspective and feel what I'm feeling and work through it. I know we are where we are supposed to be and I just have to remember that getting settled takes a while. I'm so glad I now have an art space where I can go to help me work through some of these feelings. I'm eager to get in there again this morning, but I've told myself I must take breaks so I can write thank you notes and do the laundry :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment