Tuesday, July 22, 2014

How long does it take?

So, how long does it take to settle back into a place? Into a routine, a job, a life, a community? I know this isn't a question that is easily answered. I know the answer if different from person to person. Lately it just feels like the "to do" list is long and as soon as we finish one we have to create another one! Mostly the things we have to do are banking/student loans/credit cards/medical stuff and then a bunch of random errands. My to do list for today is long: blog (check!), laundry, diy wedding project, clean my computer and get stuff onto a hard drive in preparation for getting a new computer (yay!), catch up on emails, go to the grocery store, make a wedding checklist, finish up some art pieces that are almost done, start writing thank you notes, do the dishes...

I'm not really complaining (ok, maybe a little) and I actually feel quite energized about getting things checked off this list today, I'm just curious about this settling back in process. And somewhere in here I have to start looking for a job (yikes!). Tyler, thankfully, has already found a job and he is very excited about starting.

In more fun news, I started a Society 6 shop- you can check it out here.  I just thought I would explore one more avenue of getting my work out there and just see what happens with it. It's cool that they can put your work on so many different kinds of items. Right now I have prints, framed printed, stretched canvases, iphone/ipod cases and skins, and stationery cards.
I'm also taking Juliette Crane's new Abstracts and Backgrounds class. I've only done the first lesson so far but I had fun with it. I took a painted page that I already had and started putting more layers on it. Using acrylics, charcoal pencil, oil pastels, colored pencil, and watercolors. I think I'm really going to enjoy this class and it's always fun to get new techniques and strategies for just letting go and playing.  This is my first class creation:
I'm glad my Etsy shop is back up and running. I actually had two sales last week- that's huge for me!! I put two new original collages in there last night. "make art" and "be grateful". I'm hoping to get some thank you cards into the shop later this week.


Well, now I can check blogging off today's to do list. I better get started on the rest of it!

xo

Shared to Creative Every Day! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment