Monday, June 2, 2014

My First Publication

I am very excited to share with you all that I've had my first publication in Somerset Studio magazine! I am beyond thrilled to have an essay and a picture of my artwork in the May/June 2014 issue. I am a hug fan of Somerset Studio, and all of the Stampington publications, and this really is a dream come true. Thanks, Stampington!

The funny part about this is that I had no idea that I had been published until a blogging friend wrote to me to congratulate me. Stampington must have wrote to me and somehow the emails went to my junk mail folder. The other funny thing is that I subscribe to Somerset Studio but this issue was sent to my Brooklyn address just after I moved out. I thought that the magazine would come before I moved out so I didn't bother to change my mailing address before I moved. My bad! So, I would've found out a month ago had I been smart enough to change my address. Oh well.

When Tyler and I drove into Syracuse last Thursday we went straight to Barnes and Noble to pick up a copy. Here I am in Barnes and Noble, overjoyed and excited:
Here is a photo of the artwork that is featured:
It's a bit scary submitting your art and writing to publications but if you want to do it there is really no reason not to. The worst that happens is they don't use it! And that doesn't mean that what you wrote or made is "bad".  One of my goals for 2014 was to put my art out into the world more and this certainly feels like I've accomplished that goal. But I don't plan on stopping now, I'm going to keep creating, writing, and submitting and see where the rest of 2014 takes me.

xo

Shared to Creative Every Day

No comments:

Post a Comment